I like to summarize my year. Mostly because I like to go back and read it later on mostly a year from now, when I do another one. That is the moment I realize that i actually did more than just eat, sleep, and work… You should do one too.
1. Did you do something this year that you have never done before?
A few things comes to mind: I witness the Mega storm Sandy, thankfully without any damage. I was honored to be a bridesmaid in a very dear friend’s wedding. I have learned more about health this past year than I have ever learned before and intend for it to be the beginning of something Grrrreat! I re-launched my Etsy shop Candie Ink. Not as successful as I dreamed of it to be but still an exciting learning curve.
2. Did you keep any of your new years resolutions?
I know I didn’t announce any new years resolutions last year.. but in the back of my mind I know I wanted to lose weight and just be healthier. I haven’t been perfect that’s for sure. But I have lost about 20 lbs and have a few more to go. I have, as I said before, been eating a lot healthier and feel a lot more confident in my food decisions and selections. I tried to do P90X twice but only managed to keep up with it for about 2 weeks because it is so time consuming… I ended up working out at midnight and that kept me up until 2am and then up for work around 7… it just didn’t last. I still love it but can’t follow the 6 days a week program it is intended for. Heck, I can’t even do it 3 times a week.. for some reason.
3. Did anyone of your friends have a baby this year?
We are baby booming right now! Everyone I grew up with is having babies left to right. I hate that they are all on the other side of the Atlantic and I can’t be there.. The biggest announcement though is that my very own brother had his first baby!! My little niece Alice! She melts my heart every day! (but I haven’t met her yet because she is also on the other side of the Atlantic and I have to skype with her.. although she is not that interested in talking to auntie yet!)
4. The best picture of the year! Since I got an iPhone I have been taking pictures of everything… hard to pick ONE! But maybe this one… Maybe I am not as old as I think I am LOL!! It was taken this summer when I used my friend’s son trampoline..
5. What countries did you visit?
Oh.. not that crazy this year.. I only went home to Sweden for a few weeks last summer. It was a blast as always! I guess I can’t count the US since I live here now..
6. Is there anything you missed in 2012 that you would like to have in 2013?
What a question! I am sure there are ton of things I would like to have this year. No debt would be cool. Be able to fit into a pair of size 6 skinny jeans – NICELY, not like a stuffed sausage! (I don’t dare go to size 4, I don’t know if I have ever been a size 4). Would like to hit the gym a little bit more. My gym just announced that they are going to start with JumpFit, P90X and something else I can’t remember.. I think I should go! I should probably also be nicer to my husband – cook more, and do other things that probably doesn’t fit on this blog LOL!! Balance my books on a more regular basis.. that has to be a priority this year even though it is worse than cooking! I would LOVE to have more people from Sweden come and visit me. They always brighten up my day – even when they just tell me they are coming. It’s like the day before Christmas butterflies! So, to summarize that one up; you can see.. I am a greedy b*tch!
7. What dates from 2012 will you always remember? Not too many… but Easter Saturday… the day my brother told me he was going to be a dad and I an auntie! 🙂
8. What was your biggest accomplishment in 2012?
Humm… I don’t know.. Probably my weight loss. Even though people would probably say it is not even noticeable.. I am still a fat-ass to some people!
9. What was your biggest mistake in 2012? I never make mistakes – are you kidding me?? Naahhh.. I always make mistakes. Too often. But off course I can’t come up with any big ones right now.
10. Have you been sick or injured?
NO!! This is probably the first year in a VERY long time that I can actually say that and mean it. 2012 was good to my health! Or I was good to myself in 2012 rather. I finally got over the horrible side effects I had been dragging around from taking birth control pills (yasmin) I stopped in 2009 due to it almost killing me and it took me a very long time to fully recover from what they had done to my body. I will never take another hormone ever again!
11. Best Purchases in 2012? My iPhone is high up on the list. Then off course a ticket to Sweden. And everything that has kept me healthy including organic foods, whole food supplements, and nutrition response test visits.
12. What did you spend most money on? Well, I think most of my money went to the health side. I haven’t spent a lot of money on clothes, shoes, and those things… I never have and probably never will, unless I win the lottery. My eye for fashion has kind of died since moving to the states… Still love to create though.
13. Did anything make you really happy?
I try to be a happy person in general. Try to inspire people to be better than I can ever be. At least that is whom I want to be. But none of that really answered the question now did it?! I loved the news about my brother becoming a dad! And off course the news of the arrival of baby Alice! My best friends boyfriend told me he was going to buy a trip over here so I have known that for a while but kept it a secret for my friend for a few months. So when I finally was able to share that excitement with her I was so happy! Can’t wait to see her again. My sister and her boyfriend came to visit for a few weeks over the summer and that was so nice having her her in our new home and everything. Basically – my friends and family are my happiness!
14. What songs will always remind you of 2012?
I don’t know if I will automatically remember 2012 when I hear these songs in the future mostly because I suck at remembering things like that. But the songs that I have fallen in love with this year are:
– Maroon 5- One more night
– Swedish House Mafia – Don’t you worry child
15. Were you happier or more sad in 2012 than before?
This is a stupid question. Even if I was more sad this year I would never admit to it because I don’t focus on the sadness, I can’t – It would completely consume me. I have to focus on good moments and that is what I will do. I am always happy.. no matter what! period.
16. What do you wish you had done more?
I swear these questions are made to make you feel like you are a bad person.. hahhaa!! I off course wish I had sold more Candie Ink stuff. Not wait to the last minute to do something. Be more neat and clean around the house…. Are these the basis of my 2013 resolutions??!!? If so, I am screwed!
17. What do you wish you had done less?
Ehhh?? Less stressing around! We all need to just chillax a little bit more. Enjoy life, enjoy friends, family etc…
18. How was your 2012 Christmas?
Slow and calm. I am used to run around to multiple houses but we stayed home this year. My hubby is not a Christmas fanatic like I am so we just chillaxed. I did make some Swedish Christmas food for us though which is always nice. It never turns out the way it is at home but still a little taste. My Christmas presents that were bought for the ones in Sweden are still laying under my tree… opps!
19. Did you fall in love this year?
I fall in love with my husband every time he hugs me, smile at me, or laugh out loud. My Dog Bruno also holds a piece of my heart.
20. Favorite TV shows?
The Bachelorette – I would have picked Arie…
The Good Wife
White Collar – Yummy!
The Voice – Mostly because of Adam Levine
21. Best book read this year?
So all books I read these days are about health, food, and how the body functions. It is a truly inspiring venue I have stepped into as of a few years ago thanks to my own health struggles. The best book this year – that I am re-reading right now as a matter of fact. “Lick the Sugar Habit” by Nancy Appleton. Read it!!!
22. Musical Discovery?
Adam Levine… YUMMY!
23. What celebrity do you have a crush on?
Well, if you haven’t figured it out yet – Adam Levine!! What can I say he is beyond HOT! And off course Channing Tatum.. we can’t forget to mention him.. And he can DANCE!
And if I had the chance (and was not married) I would try the much spoken about kisses from Arie.. hahah!!
24. The best new people you have met?
I have had friendships that have grown so much stronger this year! I really feel that I have close close friends here. People I can speak from my heart and mind with without them judging me.
25. What are your 2013 new years resolutions?
Continue on the health path I am on. I wish I could say something like “I am going to read 10+ health related books” or something similar just to have something measurable.. ahh what the heck – let’s do it. 10 books or I am OUT.. Loose 10-15 lbs to reach my goal of 150lbs and then see where to go from there…. What are your resolutions??